Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am in the midst of a 10-day Workplace Wellness Challenge. One of our tasks that we can perform everyday to earn points is to make a list of 10 things that we are thankful for and share it with a friend. Today is Thankful Thursday so it only makes sense to blog my list :) So, in no particular order:

1. Sunshine. Even though I am getting none currently I am thankful for it when I do.
2. The color pink. I love it. I don't know why, but it makes me utterly happy.
3. Love. It's almost Valentine's day and in a time where I should hate V-day I just can't. I love hearts and flowers and romance and love even if it's just me I'm loving.
4. Co-Workers. I haven't been a great co-worker since I started at this job. I started out like I always do a bit shy and stand-offish while I get to know the lay of the land. A month into that my life fell apart and getting to know my co-workers or even interacting with them was the least of my concerns. That is beginning to change and I can at least have a good time around the office with them. Maybe that will blossom into friendships, but, for now I'm thankful that they are willing to give me a chance even though I've been all wrapped up in me lately.
5. Family. I swear that I have the best family in the world. I could not survive without them. I'm so thankful to have been born into such an amazing family.
6. Technology. Cell phones, computers, websites, texting, email, gadgets. I'm not a tech geek, per se, but I really enjoy technology and I am thankful for the opportunities that it provides.
7. Football. I really like it.
8. Warm vanilla sugar. I love that scent. It makes me smell all warm and sweet and reminds me of baking cookies (which is something that I love to do).
9. Fresh sheets. I put sheets fresh out of the dryer on my bed last night and I was so excited for bedtime. I love the feel and smell of freshly washed sheets.
10. Rain-literal and figurative. It may seem strange that my list started with sunshine and ended with rain, but life wouldn't be life without both. I like to walk in the rain. I like to listen to the rain. Sometimes I even like to watch the rain fall. Without the rain we wouldn't have flowers, green grass, pretty rivers and lakes and streams. Without storms in our life we would never grow, never change. So, for the rain I am thankful.

What are you thankful for today?


Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment