Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday

So, not all of my alliterative titles have stuck around, but I really like Thankful Thursday. It's too easy to look around and only see the bad. I really enjoy taking the time to find a few things to be thankful about. Being thankful gives me a whole new perspective on my situation and takes my focus off of myself and puts it on the positive that is going on around me. So, what am I thankful for today?

1. Prayer. I am currently involved in a Ladies Bible Study where we are studying Stormie O'Martian's Power of a Praying Woman. It's really good so far. I am so thankful that God has provided a way for Him to be my friend, my Father, my comforter, my provider. He has given me a way to come to Him, to talk to Him, to have a relationship with Him. It is overwhelming to me that the God who created and runs this entire universe wants me to talk to Him. I am so thankful that I am able to do that. I am also thankful for the prayers of others. As I go through these hard times I feel these prayers and knowing that there are others interceding on my behalf is amazing. This brings me to what else I am thankful for today...

2. My Friends and Family. This is what brought me to blog this morning. As I sat down at my desk I was suddenly overwhelmed as I thought about the love and support that I am receiving during this time. I don't know that I'll ever be able to express the depth my thankfulness to these amazing people who are there when I reach out to them because I know I need it and who somehow know that I need them even when I don't realize it. It is incredible to me the texts and phone calls that I get at exactly the necessary times. I am so thankful to the ones that are there when I need to laugh, cry, talk, pray, or just need a hug. Maybe it's cheesy, but I feel like this web of support has been crafted by God as a way of telling me that I am loved and I am not alone. Thank you to all of these people for being there...you truly are being used by God!

My heart is bursting this morning to look at what God is doing in me even through this trial. Today really is a very thankful day.

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment