Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Almost there

Blogging is a little tough right now. On the one hand I want to write light and fluffy because it makes me feel better. On the other hand I want to write deep and profound because that’s where my head is at these days. So, then I just don’t write anything at all and that’s not good either. So what do I write about today? I don’t know. Let’s see where it goes, lol.

When I look out my window at work this is what I see
Trees, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppSee those trees across the parking lot? A few short weeks ago they were bare. I don’t like bare trees. I think that they look ugly and lifeless and angry and hard and sinister. One day I saw a few buds starting to form on the trees, it was getting warmer so I knew that it wouldn’t be long until I didn’t have to look at ugly, bare trees out my window anymore. One day I looked up and out my window and somehow, without me noticing these trees had filled out with all the pretty, green leaves that you see in the picture above.

When I lived in Florida I used to go walk on the beach early in the morning. A lot of times the sky looked a lot like this
Dawn
Starry and with just the tiniest hint of daytime starting to show up. A lot of times before I knew it and without really noticing the sky would turn into something like this
Morning
Night was over and morning had officially begun.

I think this is what happens in our lives sometimes, at least it does in my life. You go through something and you get so focused on what a hard time you are having. You see little glimpses of hope, but the end seems so far away and then one day you realize that it’s over. Morning has come. Spring is here. You realize that you got through it.

I’m in the in-between stage right now. I see glimpses of morning but it’s not quite here yet. This is my wall at work
Wall, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
It’s fun colors and shapes and Bible verses and quotes to remind me that as long as I keep trusting God then I’m going to get through this. That morning will come.

"...Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment